The Challenges and Why it Matters?
Global literacy rates for adults and children continue to rise but hundreds of millions of adults around Asia lack minimal literacy skills, and hundreds of millions more children lack access to basic education.
Austvent understands that the impact of low literacy rates is widespread and negative:-
- Lack of education is linked to lower rates of economic productivity.
- Fewer job opportunities and decreased standard of living for those individuals and their families.
- Lack of access to information (which can result from illiteracy) hinders related issues such as healthcare and community engagement.
- An educated, informed and empowered population is required for any country developed and developing alike, to improve its role in the global community and the quality of life its citizens can enjoy.
How does Austvent get involved?
Austvent Impact Investing differs from commercial private capital in that it seeks to reach vulnerable beneficiaries; it differs from private philanthropic capital in that it seeks to apply market-based innovations to ensure financial sustainability, if not financial profit.
Austvent applies these goals and advises both non-profit and for-profit organizations to create innovative ways to build the financial infrastructure necessary to deliver adequate levels of funding for quality education, while promoting educational efficiency and equity at all levels of society. This includes such projects as investment in online blended learning graduate schools that provide affordable access to international universities for students in developing countries, where public education opportunities are lacking, to the development of challenged children ‘life skill’ courses so they can pursue independent living in the future.
As a result of its efforts, Austvent is helping to seed and empower future generations to build a better tomorrow for themselves, their families and communities, and the world at large.
Our unique value-add includes a combination of:
- Expertise in key issue-areas such as capital markets, business and industries, philanthropy and sustainability
- Creativity and vision, translated into concrete projects, investments, and opportunities
- A proven track record of developing business innovation and sustainability strategies as well as executing impact investments and designing impact investment policies
- Ability to transfer or otherwise adapt leading evaluation, monitoring, and communications approaches across environments (regional, political, and cultural alike)
- Ensuring transparency and accountability
- A wide-ranging and far-reaching network of global partners